Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mixin' Like Oil & Water

A few days ago, I was reading a blog post by Jodi Freeman on Pioneer Woman's photography site.   I immediately loved the pictures for two reasons: 1.) Their bright colors and most of all 2.) The bright colors.  Why hadn't I thought of running into the bathroom and filling the sink with oil and food coloring?   It's a simple set up, easy to clean up and wash down the drain, and while I didn't get the amazing results that Jodi got in her pics, I was happy with the crazy swirls, bubbles, and splashes I did capture.  This sort of reminds me of a cross between seventh grade science, think 'cytoplasm', and Ghostbusters, think 'ectoplasm."

Making Waves

Swirly Bubbles

These were actually the first ones taken. The oil and food coloring do not mix, which resulted in a globby bit of colorful chaos that I kind of liked.


Oil and Water

Oil and Water

I might have to try this again with purple.....

2 comments:

Misty said...

I like the second ones the best!

Mary Sunshyn said...

Beautiful!

Post a Comment